What is MCKIDS???
MCKIDS is a service system that works together with families to enhance the development of their infants and toddlers who have disabilities. MCKIDS supports parents’ abilities to love and care for their child by building on their strengths, nurturing the bond between parent and child and connecting families with the community.
- each child is viewed first as a child and second as a child with a disability.
- families are each child’s greatest resource.
- parents are partners in any activity that serves their child.
- families are best supported within their personal community
- working together is the best way to provide services.
Providing Services For Children With Special Needs and Their Families Since 1988 (Birth to Three)
MCKIDS (McPherson County, Kansas, Infant Development Services)
What to Expect…
When you call MCKIDS, a caring person will help your family decide if your child could use any special help. Your family and professionals will work together to determine any needs in the areas of learning, language, movement, and socialization. If needed, you may choose to have services provided in your home, at the Infant-Toddler Center, or other community settings. This is done with no cost to your family.
Service providers may include:
- Vision Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Early Childhood Special Educator
- Speech Pathologist
- Physical Therapist